Follow these guidelines when posting to our site.
- Keep it clean – This is a public forum, open to civilized people who do not appreciate obscene, vulgar or sexually oriented language, no matter how creatively spelled.
- Keep it civil – Don’t degrade, threaten, abuse or invade the privacy of other readers of the subjects of stories. No racism, sexism or any other sort of –ism that degrades another person will be tolerated.
- Keep it truthful and legal – Don’t lie, impersonate another individual or post comments that advocate illegal activity.
- Keep on topic – Stay focused on the subject at hand. Do not post advertisements or solicitations for funds, goods or services.
- Be responsible – Comments are the sole responsibility of those who post them.
- Share your knowledge – Give us your eyewitness accounts, background and observations. If you see an error in a story or think there are issues we should follow up on, please email us through our Contact Page.
- Identical comments will be marked as spam and deleted from the comments section – Please do not repost the same comment in multiple places within the website.
- The Independent online editor will exercise his or her authority and remove posts that violate these rules.
- Comments may be automatically removed or marked as spam by our system when they contain multiple links – We apologize for this and advise that comments be limited to a limited number of links to help avoid this.
Questions about commenting or other inquiries can be sent to us on our Contact Page.